Pages

Sunday 24 August 2014

My favourite all-day breakfast cafe

Hong Kong has a lot of variety when it comes to cuisines. But cafes offering all-day breakfast/brunch are hard to find in the TKO suburbs. So I was so happy to have discovered Ocio in Mong Kok. This cafe serves delicious breakfast options and a wide variety of desserts too.

The lemon and honeycomb Napolean is now one of my favourite desserts that I`ve had in Hong Kong. It felt like a very special dessert. The lemon sauce had a custard like texture which gave the Napolean a fresh and creamy taste. I was really impressed by how flaky the pastry was and that I could easily cut into it with my knife. Normally I find "mille feuille" a little hard to eat but this crunchy pastry made it pretty easy. Also the "honeycomb" pieces that topped the Napolean felt like a taste of home. The caramelized sugar reminded me of maple syrup taffy. I also had a lime smoothie--more like a lime slushie--to go with the meal. The drink was so refreshing on a hot summer afternoon.

One of the best things about the cafe is that it's far enough away from the crowds in the main Mong Kok shopping area that there were plenty of seats. CharK and I walked over from the Mong Kok MTR stop in about 15 minutes and we were able to sit down right away. Even though it was around 3pm, many of the other customers were enjoying a plate from the all-day breakfast menu.

I kept picking off fries from CharK's plate (Photo: CathC)
The homemade "honeycomb" tastes like maple syrup candy--Yum! (Photo: CathC)

The lovely Ocia away from the Mong Kok crowds (Photo: CathC)
So after a busy week at work preparing for the new school year, I enjoyed a relaxing weekend trying out a new cafe. I hopes some cafes will open up in my TKO neighbourhood soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment