Pages

Sunday 24 January 2016

A model of my favourite street food

I love egg puffs. You can always smell these delicious, crunchy snacks way before you can actually see the stall or shop selling them. These are also one of HK's most iconic street foods, so not surprisingly a local model shop Tiny has turned this famous snack into a die-cast model.

Happy to get my hands on one of the first editions of the model (Photo: CathC)

Like the description says, coal fired egg puffs are pretty rare. Think I've only had ones made on an electric stove (Photo: CathC)

Today's egg puffs are usually sold in stores or more permanent stalls instead of carts (Photo: CathC)

I love all the details that went into this cart--from the batter to the cast iron waffle press (Photo: CathC)



I've collected quite a few toys and models in the relatively short amount of time I've been in HK. From HK vehicles to Peanuts characters. For me, these having toys are more fun and interactive than just having photos of the memories of my time here. But it won't be long before I'll need some kind of display case to store everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment