Pages

Sunday 31 May 2015

Shopping in Sheung Wan

Sheung Wan has become of my favourite places to hang out on the weekend because of the many cafes serving all-day breakfast and the artisan, one-of-a kind shops. It's usually around 2 or 3pm by the time we make it out to "brunch" so these all day breakfast menus are awesome. This weekend's trip to the Cupping Room didn't disappoint. Even something as simple as their house blend ice coffee was fantastic. I'm no coffee expert, but I enjoyed this aromatic blend, even though it was a little more sour than I'd prefer.

Throughout the year, there many opportunity to attend free art exhibitions and events in HK. There seems to be more free artsy things to do in HK than compared to Toronto. I went to the Global Artisan Pop-up Bazaar at "The Space" on Hollywood Road in Sheung Wan. Recently I've starting becoming interested in handmade jewelry and local designers. Although I believe this event had designers from around the world showing off their goods. I was really impressed by the delicate details in this gold plated brass leaf ring.

Something pretty to wear (Photo: CathC)

HK's current rainy season is very unpredictable. The entire afternoon was sunny and hot  while I was shopping in Sheung Wan. But there was a sudden downpour and thunderstorm later in the evening. Just my luck I didn't bring an umbrella out, so to avoid being drenched, I ended up buying an umbrella from Logon. Luckily, there was an umbrella designed for covering two people that was on sale for 20% off. That was a pretty good find, as CharK and I usually get our sides wet from the water dripping off our current compact umbrella. So for the next month I guess I'll remember to take an umbrella with me no matter what!

No comments:

Post a Comment