Pages

Sunday 4 August 2013

Hello Kitty goes back to the 1960s

I've blogged about mall displays in the past and I'm still being impressed by the creativity and detail that goes into their design. The latest creation I came across was the Hello Kitty Back to 1960s @Langham Place. This display included a number of life size shops (e.g. street snack stalls) and landmarks (e.g. Lion Rock Tunnel) representative of historical HK.

Hello Kitty and Daniel's take on Chinese opera (Langham Place=朗豪坊) (Photo: CathC)  



The Hello Kitties were a big hit with mall goers and drew huge crowds of people wanting to take photos in front the displays. But sometimes I don't understand what the mall planners/designers are thinking by placing such a huge display in the middle of the food court. The food court is pretty busy normally so having the display at the center meant to get from one end of the foodcourt to the next, we have to walk around display in nearly single file....

A view of the 'Express escalator" from the 11th floor of Langham Place (Photo: CathC)
Navigating through the crowds is something I'm not entirely use to yet. How does everyone do it--enjoy your own conversations/interactions with other people within arms reach on either side of you? Hopefully patience and the ability to block out people are some skills I can to pick up soon!

In any cases, displays like other ads in Hong Kong change very quickly. So there's always something new to attract our attention. With so much to see I'm sure I'll get use to the crowds eventually....

No comments:

Post a Comment