Pages

Sunday 7 July 2013

Laser lightshow was a no-shown

After spending the Saturday afternoon at hiking through the Hong Kong Zoo and Bontanical Garden, I decided to stay on Hong Kong island for the Symphony of Lights show. I'm rarely in the area at the right time, and figured this would be a great chance to catch the famous light show that I've heard so much about before coming here. 

There was a nice breeze as I walked along the waterfront by Tamar Park shortly after sunset. Even though the view is supposedly better from the Kowloon side, Tamar Park still has a beautiful view of the HK skyline and has the added bonus of being significantly quieter and less touristy than the Avenue of Stars at Tsim Sha Tsui. (See my earlier post of the ibakery express at Tamar Park).

A view of the beautiful sunset at Tamar Park (Photo: CharK)

I love the beautiful clouds in this night sky (Photo:CharK)


But to my disappointment, the daily light show failed to turn up Saturday night! There were no laser displays or accompanying music. The only light displays came from a few of the pre-programmed buildings exteriors--like the ICC loves HK message. Another tourist with her family came up to me and asked if the
The building lights were on but no lightshow (Photo:CharK)



Lots of photographers had their cameras and tripods ready to capture the lightshow (Photo: CathC)
I don't think I was the only one expect to see a show tonight, as there were many people with their cameras and tripods all pointed towards Victoria Harbour getting ready to capture the show. No one knew what had happened and everyone just ended up just standing around staring at the beautiful but usually dim skyline. It's too bad that the light show failed to turn up because it was a beautiful night for to catch the light display.

Oh well, guess I'll just have to catch the show another time--I'm sure I'm make my way to the Victoria Harbour waterfront again...

No comments:

Post a Comment